Thursday, October 18, 2007


Tidepools is one of two works of mine that will be on exhibit in the Rural Art Showcase, Joel D. Valdez Main Library, Downtown Tucson, Arizona from:
October 25 to November 25, 2007
Artist Reception: Sunday, October 28, 1 to 3pm

I will be giving a demonstration in the Second Floor Conference Room from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m., sharing some of my other work and my techniques. In addition to the art exhibit, there will be several other demonstrations, slide shows and lectures! You can read more about it on the Pima County Arts Council site.
The above mixed media work consists of sand, shells, acrylic paints, fabric yo yos, couched threads, photo collage, rice paper on a base of quilted duck cloth.

1 comment:

Rachel Murphree said...

Lauralyn -- Wow, I love your piece! I'm so glad I clicked on it to see the full view -- it's lovely. nice job. good luck on Sunday! Rachel (from Clothpaperstudio group)