Friday, December 14, 2012

Day One of A Bookmark-A-Day for 365 Days

Well, this is it.  I made my first book mark.  However, I can't post it on this blog just yet!  It is a family Christmas gift and I do not want to spoil the surprise.  The bookmark shown is actually last year's family Christmas present.  This year it's a different style and I will post after Christmas.

So day one, completed.  That wasn't so bad................................

It is raining tonight.  For some reason, when it rains I crave Chinese food and want to eat it straight from the take-out carton with chopsticks. Since I did not have any Chinese take-out, I made some cards tonight along with the bookmarks.  Here is a get well card I drew plus added some stickers for a friend:

 
Here is a Christmas card I made from a photo of my dog's present that is currently hanging in the tree until Christmas:
 


 I also drew a birthday card and added some rhinestones.  Sorry the photo is a bit blurry, next time I will try scanning it instead.  My friend's birthday is on Christmas day so instead I wrote "Merry Birthday Eve":
 
 
 The above card is Zendoodle-inspired. I really enjoy drawing. In August I broke my shoulder.  I was standing on a step stool painting the ceiling of my bathroom and fell backwards into the bathtub.  I landed on my shoulder.  I suffered a three-point fracture of the humerus.  It was the worst pain I have ever experienced, that includes child birth.  I was not allowed to move it and of course I was on pain pills. The first thing I was finally allowed while still in a sling was to move it as if I was writing.  Well, I immediately picked up my micron pens and started drawing again, making cards mostly.  It was my therapy and what got me through a very difficult time. 
 
I had a doctor appointment yesterday in fact.  I am finally allowed to have some weight-bearing exercises (two-pound weights) and I go back to the doctor on Valentine's day!  Here is one of the first cards I made while still in a sling back in August.  I made it for my doctor to thank him for everything he has done for me:
 
 
 

2 comments:

Marty Curry said...

I am going to enjoy this blog. Your creativity is amazing. So glad you could draw with your shoulder in a sling!

Stephanie J said...

Love these! You are so talented!